Thursday 4 October 2012

Surprises

Today I have been in Chicago for one week which makes me rather lazy as this is the first time that I have actually updated this blog. My excuse is that I have had a yucky cold. Lame I know but it means that aside from going to a few nearby shops (the supermarket is INCREDIBLE) I haven't really ventured that far from home base.

But then again I don't really need to. The place that I am staying in is incredible, seriously, out of this world amazing! It is a penthouse in one of the buildings in downtown Chicago and you can see everything! Millennium Park, the bean, lake Michigan one of the most breathtaking views I have ever had the pleasure of beholding.

The people we are staying with are so lovely! They are amazingly good family friends who are basically family so it is amazing to see them and where they live.

This city though is one of the most architecturally interesting places I have ever been. It has so many interesting buildings and the way the city is built is incredible. 

At this point you are probably rolling your eyes as I was when I our family friends tried to tell me this. You're probably shaking your head and being like America... Really... But seriously it is AMAZING and so clean and green. Like trees are everywhere.

One thing though which bewilders me a bit is people hassling you on the street for money. It is so very different from home yet not as different as we like to think it is.

It is a different country in many ways which is I wonder if it's a good thing or bad. Only time will tell I guess. Speaking of which I will sign off with a photo of me relaxing after a hard day at Tiffany's.

Don't be too jealous.


No comments:

Post a Comment