Wednesday 5 December 2012

Milano

Back to Italy I go!!! Seriously sometimes I wonder what I ever did to deserve this. Everyone always say how strong I am, how brave but I don't really feel like that sometimes. Something awful happened to me and I just got through it as best as I could but whatever reason I am so happy to be here and in Milan!!

Jannie has planned the most beautiful road trip. We drove to Milan from Zurich which took just over three hours and we arrived at one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen. It is called Hotel Principe Di Savoia. It's the hotel where all the supermodels and celebs stay during Milan fashion week!!

It pure luxury. That afternoon we had a scrumptious afternoon tea and then headed 'The Last Supper'. Like all paintings pictures can never be enough but it is such a surreal experience to be over here and experiencing all of this!! 

We woke up the next morning and headed down to breakfast and then headed off to the Duomo not before doing some shopping in Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. The Duomo is such a stunning church and unlike many others you can actually go up onto the roof and have a stunning view out over Milan.

In the afternoon we went shopping on the Quadrilatero della moda which are four of the most famous shopping streets in the world. It was so beautiful. One advantage of traveling in Europe in winter is christmas. Everywhere is decorated with fairy lights. It is so beautiful and romantic. The Quadrilatero della moda was so stunning and amazing. I had one of the best days of my life strolling it. Followed by more amazing food.

I dont think that life gets greater than this, great food, great people and being in such a beautiful place. I really am thankful that I am able to live and see this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment