Monday 17 December 2012

Wishes On Tangier

We left Chefchaouen the next morning and jumped onto a public bus which is an interesting experience... The little boy on the seat opposite me vomited all over his mother and the floor and when the mother got off the bus driver just put newspaper over it and we continued on our merry way. Standard bus in Morocco.

We arrive in Tangier and we have lunch and we go wandering. If I am perfectly frank it's not really that amazing. Don't get me wrong, I like it but it doesn't blow my socks off. We had a look around the medina and souq but not as stunning as what the guide book made it out to be.

This evening we are getting on an overnight train to Marrakesh. Mum is excited as she has always wanted to go to Marrakesh so I am hoping that it will live up to all her expectations.

To be fair and I do always try to be. Morocco is a little dissapointing. When you look at photos of this place you would think it is vibrantly full of color and really picturesque and some of it is but a lot of it is incredibly poor and dirty and smelly and actually quite seedy.

As its an Arab country I get stared at constantly and having ransoms grab you bum or wink and you is not that fun. Don't get me wrong, most of the people have been amazingly nice but not all.

I think it's harder for Mum than me because she has wanted to come here for so long. I am enjoying being here but I wouldn't say that I am in love with this country or having the time of my life like I was when I was in every other country I have been to so far.

I hope the south gets better.


No comments:

Post a Comment